Wednesday 14 May 2014

Lipstick Favourites

I really wish I had the opportunity to wear lipsticks more often. Although the make-up rules at my school are quite lax, lipstick is one rule that can't be broken. I only really get the opportunity to wear lipstick at the weekends or during the holidays, but I still have some favourites! Apologies in advance for the rubbish photos, there's been no decent photo light all day, this is the best I could do.

The Nudes



  1. Rimmel London Lasting Finish, 058 Drop of Sherry £4.99 This is a really lovely red toned nude. It lasts well throughout the day and when it does wear away, it doesn't leave that irritating lip liner look. At £4.99, it's an absolute bargain and I would definitely recommend this or any of the other colours from the collection! 
  2. MUA Lipstick, Shade 11 £1 I cannot rave enough about this lipstick. It's such a perfect nude - a great colour, it's creamy but doesn't feel funny on your lips, it doesn't have a particularly strong taste, it lasts reasonably well and it's only £1! What a bargain! The actual product has a little screw pot of the lipstick on the end as well, to keep you going until you buy a new one if you run out on the bullet.
  3. Maybelline Colour Whisper, Coral Ambition Unfortunately, these are only available in the USA, but I have linked to an Ebay stockist (it's quite expensive though). Although I don't own a Revlon Lip Butter, I would compare this to them. At first the colour is quite sheer, so it's easy to wear as a nude, but if you build it up you get this really nice coral colour. It can apply a little patchy though. I think that the Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti would be a close match in colour and formula.
  4. Estée Lauder Long Lasting Lipstick, Pink Parfait, £20 This is a really nice pinky nude, although some people wouldn't class it as a nude, as it is definitely pink. All the same, this is a great lipstick, it lasts well, it doesn't leave that lip liner effect and it doesn't have an obnoxious taste. I have this as part of a 4 lipstick palette from Estée Lauder, but you can buy it separately too.
  5. Estée Lauder Long Lasting Lipstick, Pinkberry, £20 This is from exactly the same range as the last lipstick, so I don't really need to say anything about it. The colour is a bit less bright, so it's better as a nude.
  6. Estée Lauder Pure Colour Crystal Lipstick, Crystal Pink, £20 This is my absolute favourite nude lipstick in the whole world. It lasts slightly less long than the previous two, but the colour is so nice. I know it's cliché, but it really is "your lips but better". I've hit pan in the palette, and I think I will definitely save up to repurchase it in bullet form.


The Brights




There aren't many of these, but they all look 100x better on the lips.

  1. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain, Crush, £7.99 I wore this lipstick pretty much constantly in the winter. I love it. Revlon's answer to Clinique's Chubby Stick definitely does a good job, however I would say that this isn't for those who want to put their lipstick on in the morning, and not have to touch it up all day. Although this layers on the lips to a beautiful dark berry colour, it doesn't last too well and unfortunately leaves that lip liner effect on the lips. But, the colour is gorgeous, it's so moisturising and creamy on the lips, it doesn't bleed too badly, which is often an issue with such dark colours and it has a really nice peppermint taste. The swatch definitely doesn't do it justice!
  2. Rimmel London Lasting Finish, 164 Tantrum, £4.99 This has pretty much exactly the same properties as the nude from this range, but it doesn't last quite as well. All the same, this is a gorgeous bright red at a really good price. I wore this to my Gatsby style prom, and it worked really well.
  3. No7 Stay Perfect Lipstick, 5 Classic Rose, £9.75 This is such a pretty bright pink colour, it's great for summer. It lasts quite well and feels nice on the lips.
  4. Rimmel London Kate Matte, 107, £5.49 This is possibly one of the most blogged about high-street lipsticks. I really like it, it lasts nicely with a good matte finish, it's not too drying like many mattes are and the colour is just gorgeous. As the colour is quite deep and "in your face", I often apply it with a lip brush and blot it with a tissue, just to take some of the edge off.
If you liked this post and want to see more, please follow me on Bloglovin' for more posts like this!

Follow on Bloglovin






0 comments:

Post a Comment