Thursday 22 May 2014

Review || Estée Lauder Day Wear Sheer Tint Release


This is possibly one of the weirdest products I've tried. Your eyes do not deceive you; it is actually grey. Estée Lauder describe it as a tinted moisturiser - the tint is released as it makes contact with the skin, meaning that one size (or colour) really does fit all. The tint worked fine for me, it matched my colour really well. I have medium skin that tans really well (without a tan I'm NW20 in MAC foundations).

The coverage in this product really is sheer, it covered absolutely nothing for me. The description given by Estée Lauder would suggest that it should be used on its own, but personally I don't think it gives any coverage at all, so you might as well just buy a moisturiser with a higher SPF - this only has SPF15, which in the Summer months really isn't adequate, especially if you're off on holiday anywhere vaguely exotic.

Perhaps this would be nice under a BB cream or a foundation, but I really didn't like how this felt against my skin. It felt greasy and just generally horrible, so I definitely wouldn't recommend this for anyone but those with dry skin - I have oily combination skin, my t-zone gets ridiculously oily, whilst my cheeks are normal and can get dry in the winter. I found this felt greasy even on my cheeks, and I hadn't even applied that much and I wasn't wearing moisturiser underneath. This might be okay if you have dry skin, but I would recommend you getting a sample from your local Estée Lauder counter, as at £37 you really want to try before you buy.

You can buy this product here, but I wouldn't recommend doing so until you've tried a sample as I don't think this will suit too many skin types.

If you liked this post and want to see more like it, then follow me on Bloglovin'!

Follow on Bloglovin


0 comments:

Post a Comment